MEGAWORLD, EMPIRE EAST TO BUILD P20-B TOWNSHIP IN CAINTA, RIZAL
The 24-hectare ‘Empire East Highland City’ will be a master-planned community of residential condominiums, mixed-use towers, lifestyle mall and retail areas, church and an expansive green park
MANILA, Philippines, March 11, 2019 – Megaworld, the country’s largest developer of integrated urban townships, along with its subsidiary Empire East Land Holdings, Inc., is developing a 24-hectare property along F. Felix Avenue in Cainta, Rizal, to become the Highland City township.
The company’s 24th township development, Highland City, will host the expansive Highland Mall with a gross floor area of around 58,000 square meters, rows of residential towers on a highland area, mixed-use towers, a church as well as open and green parks.
“We are building another Megaworld Lifestyle Mall that showcases another unique character, complementing the ‘highlands’ or sloped landscape of the property. The Highland Mall will offer around 58,000 square meters of retail spaces,” reveals Kevin L. Tan, executive vice president and chief strategy officer, Megaworld.
Highland City will be highlighted by the Highland Park, an 8,000-square meter green and open park, which will house some retail areas and a 500-seating capacity church. The park will elevate towards the mall and will serve as a ‘grand welcome’ to the township. On both sides of the park will be a six-lane road which will serve as the main street entrance to the township.
“We are very excited about this new township that will evoke a character of a city sitting on highlands. Empire East will develop around 38 residential towers on the elevated portion of the township. These towers will serve as a dramatic backdrop to the vision of ‘Highland City.” Our proposed Highland Mall under the Megaworld Lifestyle Mall brand will also be a centerpiece of the development. We will integrate it with an expansive park that opens towards the township’s main entrance,” says Tan.
Forty percent of the entire development will be dedicated to green and open spaces. Aside from the six-lane main road, the internal roads will be at least four lanes.
Megaworld and Empire East will spend P20-billion in the next 10 years to develop Highland City. Land development will commence by second quarter of this year.
Megaworld owns 82% of Empire East Land Holdings, Inc., which has been known for the development of mid-cost housing developments including several transit-oriented residential developments in Metro Manila and in other parts of Luzon during the last 25 years. Among its projects include Laguna Bel-Air and The Sonoma in Sta. Rosa, Laguna; San Lorenzo Place in Makati City; The Rochester and Kasara Urban Resort Residences in Pasig City; Little Baguio Terraces and Mango Tree Residences in San Juan; Covent Garden in Sta. Mesa, Manila; as well as California Garden Square, Pioneer Woodlands, The Paddington Place in Mandaluyong City.
During the last 30 years, the Megaworld Group has built over 660 residential developments, 57 office towers and 17 lifestyle malls in 23 masterplanned townships and integrated lifestyle communities across the Philippines.
- Eastwood City in Libis, Quezon City, (18.5 hectares)
- Newport City in Pasay City (25 hectares)
- McKinley Hill (50 hectares), McKinley West (34.5 hectares), Uptown Bonifacio (15.4 hectares) and Forbes Town (5 hectares), all in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- The Mactan Newtown in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu (30 hectares)
- Iloilo Business Park in Mandurriao, Iloilo City (72 hectares)
- Sta. Barbara Heights in Sta. Barbara, Iloilo (173 hectares)
- Boracay Newcoast in Boracay Island (150 hectares)
- Twin Lakes in Alfonso, Batangas near Tagaytay (1,300 hectares)
- ArcoVia City in Pasig City (12.3 hectares)
- Southwoods City in the boundaries of Cavite and Laguna (561 hectares)
- Davao Park District in Lanang, Davao City (11 hectares)
- Alabang West in Las Piñas City (62 hectares)
- Eastland Heights in Antipolo, Rizal (640 hectares)
- Suntrust Ecotown in Tanza, Cavite (350 hectares)
- Maple Grove in General Trias, Cavite (140 hectares)
- The Hamptons Caliraya in Lumban-Cavinti, Laguna (300 hectares)
- The Upper East (34 hectares) and Northill Gateway (50 hectares) both in Negros Occidental
- Capital Town Pampanga beside the Pampanga Provincial Capitol in the City of San Fernando (35.6-hectares)
- and Westside City in the Entertainment City in Paranaque City (31 hectares.)
Megaworld Developments in Bacolod and Negros Island: